Sunday, September 4, 2011

The First Longaberger Party of the Holiday Season


My mom was hostess for my first home party of the holiday season over Labor Day weekend. We had a great turnout of at least eight or ten ladies, some that mom hadn't seen in quite a while! My folks have just returned from a cruise, so it was a fun way to share her trip memories, chatting while looking over the latest Longaberger catalog.


I was excited to share the new Golden Fields line through my Small Flare Basket, as well as highlight the 2011 Christmas Collection Holly Berry Basket and 2011 Tree Trimming Little Holly Berry Basket. On display was the new shape of the Travel Cup in the Sisters Black Medallion design. Several ordered napkins and placemats after seeing the Crimson Hill fabric.

I've also invested in new signage that will be great at other fairs and boutiques. In the invite for this party, I offered to repair Deep Brown baskets using my new stain stick. At the party, I walked everyone through the online "wish list" function and encouraged everyone to think about their own gift lists.



I donated a copy of Entertaining with Longaberger: Celebrating the Seasons as a raffle item. Mom used her hostess benefits of two half price items and $50 in credit towards two lamps and a set of candlesticks that had been on her wishlist for a while, so I know she'll enjoy them.


Mom made Audrey's Chocolate Cream Pie (pictured above ~ recipe on my personal blog) for refreshments, and I made her Chocolate Marble Cheesecake (below) as a practice for an upcoming pie contest, so stay tuned for that recipe!


Let me know if you'd like to book a home or catalog party! It's a great way to catch up with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails