Friday, April 22, 2011

A Longaberger Bridal Expo


Did you know Longaberger has a Bridal Registry? I recently participated in my first Bridal Expo. I wanted to share the experience and get some feedback on how to make my next one even better.


My expo was staged by the restaurant Maggiano's at the Grove on Fairfax and 3rd, as a way to showcase their banquet facilities for use in weddings and rehearsal dinners. There were about 20 diffferent vendors, ranging from photographers, to cake designers, to calligraphers, and even a chocolate fountain rental company! I felt like my products fit right in.




I brought a sampling of everything from my home to showcase the different lines available through Longaberger, including pottery, and signature, sports, and holiday themed baskets. I included popular bridal gifts such as the recipe and kleenex baskets.


I featured the current catalog and flyers prominently, and handed out both catalogs and business cards. I always forget at events such as this to put out a sign-up sheet to be added to my mailing list. Next time I'll include that as well.


With my brand-new Mac computer, I was able to show my website, the current online catalog, and exactly how a bridal registry worked. I also had a tab open to showcase the current month's special offer--the 2011 Mother's Day Basket.


What makes the most appealing display for an event catered to brides? Do you try to spotlight only one basket collection, or would you try to include a sampling of everything, as I did?

How do you determine which events to participate in? Do you find only events which require hefty vendor fees are worth your time, or do you forgo those? Please feel free to leave a comment with your advice!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this Longaberger Bridal Expo is looking absolutely amazing. It must have given a lot of ideas to the couples. We also would be arranging the DIY wedding so are going to attend a lot of bridals shows and expos to find inspirations for our winter wedding that we plan to host at one of the indoor wedding venues Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. Bridal Collection

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails