Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan Casserole


I love one-dish meals for their ease and versatility. At the top of my comfort-foods list is eggplant parmesan. I have a really easy Sandra-Lee shortcut for this: I get a box of frozen breaded eggplant from Trader Joe's, their generic house brand. Layered with a can of sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and shredded Parmesan cheese, with a few garlic cloves for good measure, it's assembled in less than ten minutes. I cover with tin foil and bake at 325 for an hour, then remove the tin foil and broil for ten minutes until the top is brown and bubbly. It will fill an 8x8 baking dish and I'll have lunch for most of the week!

Out of the oven, I slide the Woven Traditions pan into the Wrought Iron holder, and have no worries about my counter surface or tabletop. It's served straight from the dish, and it looks like love baked right in.

What do you like to make in your Woven Traditions bakeware? Please share your favorites in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails